Thursday, November 19, 2009

Exciting News!

I was THRILLED this morning when I went to my newest writing site InfoBarrel.com (http://www.infobarrel.com/signup.php?ref_id=5433) and found that I had an important article approved!

In searching around the site I found a list of "things to do", most of which were to write "overviews" of topics already on the site. Of course the one that jumped out at me was the oppotunity to write an overview on the topic of Restaurants.

This was one of my toughest articles to write yet. InfoBarrel does not just accept the crap you can post on eHow, and even though I know a lot about the restaurant business, an overview of a topic is something quite different. What they seemed to need for this article was a description of the TOPIC of restaurants, a challenge to do in about 500 words or less!

Here's the good news...

My article has had over 140 hits already!!!! That's because it is a topic overview, and anyone looking to write under that subject has to go to the topic's home page, and I get credit for every click! Some of the topics (and therefore the overview article) get hundreds of views a day!!! I can't wait to write more of them.

As a matter of fact, I already submitted one. On the subject of WRITING, if you can believe it. I was really surprised that no one had written an overview of this topic yet, since it such a popular subject for online writers these days. I have submitted, and ams holding my breath that it will be approved. It would be huge for me to have this article on such an up-and-comming site!

Here is a link to the Restaurant Overview page... http://www.infobarrel.com/Restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment