Saturday, January 31, 2009
Here is a link to the article that I published on http://www.bukisa.com/join/4602. I do think you have to join, but membership is really free, (no crap will be sent to you, as far as I've found!), so take a look and let me know what you think!
Avoiding Paid Survey Scams
I think you will like this one.
Hope everyone enjoys their Superbowl Sunday tomorrow. It really is kind of a downer for us here in Philly, but I do enjoy a good game! I will go ahead and rout for the Steelers, even though I tend to think if the situation was reversed, the fans in Pittsburgh would not be as generous...
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
This is an absolute favorite party dessert that I make for all of my get-togethers with my girlfriends. I am actually not allowed to show up to game night or book club without these in tow, so I have gotten pretty good at making them. I won’t say that they are “easy”, but really the hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the chocolate to freeze and chill! The truffles are really just chocolate melted twice, but because you freeze the first batch of chocolate and then pour more chocolate over them, they come out with a soft chocolate center. I do use liqueur in mine, but you can use a non-alcoholic extract if you desire.
1. Take 8 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate and melt it over medium low heat in a saucepan. When the chocolate is melted, but not burned, add 1/8 cup Heavy Cream and 2-3 Tablespoons of your favorite liqueur. See the tips below for some suggestions on what types to try. My favorite is the mint!
2. Place the saucepan in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. The waiting is the hardest part! Once this mixture cools, you will be able to spoon it out. Spoon out small balls of it onto parchment paper on a plate and put them in the freezer. Let freeze for at least 2 hours. (I have done this for less time, but they are sure to be very frozen in 2 hours).
3. Now it’s time to melt some more chocolate! Use one half of a small bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 4 oz.) and ¼ cup of butter flavored shortening and melt them in the small saucepan.
4. Remove the frozen chocolate balls from the freezer. Using a spoon again, spoon the newly heated chocolate over the frozen chocolate as to cover the balls, but don’t just pour it on!
5. Place these back in the fridge for about an hour to cool the second layer of chocolate.
6. If you want to pretty these up, make a quick and easy frosting. Take ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar and a few teaspoons of water. Add the water slowly and stir to make the frosting. Put this in a Ziploc bag and cut the tip off of a corner and drizzle over the Truffles for a pretty effect!!!
Content Source: Chocolate Truffles - Bukisa.com
Thursday, January 22, 2009
The small fee ended up being $24.00 to join this group, but I don't think I will have any problems getting my money back on this one. The down side is that you have to fill out the same information over and over again in order to get attached to these opinion groups. I have been filling out forms all day, and now I am receiving emails at my new email address to confirm, etc.
I know that some of these sites are not for me already, but I have high hopes that some surveys will come my way based on my demographics that I will be available for! Some of these site pay really well for your opinion, but you have to qualify first. I have done market researching in the past, and it was fun, and I did earn a few bucks, but I look forward to doing online and on my own time schedule.
I'll let you know how it works out!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Thans again for anyone who checks out my sites and follows along!
Friday, January 16, 2009
I have a few new articles to share here on the blog. I am up to about $12.00 on total profits for this venture of mine, but I feel like I am on the right track. At the very least, i have my articles published, and retain full rights to them, if I ever decided to write a cookbook or something. I would do more writing if I had time, but since the Hubby found a GREAT job in this crappy economy, I may have that time in the future. As far as I know, the Internet will always be there.
So here are the articles I want to share: They are published on http://www.ehow.com and http://www.associatedcontent.com under the name LJBINKOP. Look me up!
Thanks, Mom, for looking!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I know for sure I'm going to continue to post articles for money! It's fun and I find it kind of adicting! I took over the house laptop last week so that other people in the house could acctually use the computer. This cause a whole new set of issues of course, but I think I have it mostly under control. Now I just need to get rid of Vonage and get my internet running faster. Man, I think I'm a computer genius!
I hope this year will bring good luck to my favorite football team, the Eagles. Should be an interesting ride this January, I just hope they don't choke! On paper, it looks like they could go all the way (AGAIN!), but you never really know with those dudes.
Hope this finds anyone who read it having a great Holiday...